Cook / Chef – Part time – weekends
Job Title: Cook
Salary: Meets National Minimum Wage
Hours: 14 hours per week – Saturday and Sunday – 12.00pm to 7.00pm
Reports To: Anthony Ramsey/Michelle Ramsey
Junction 4 Skatepark
Junction 4 Skatepark is a not for profit organisation and must comply with the responsibilities set out by companies house.
Junction 4 is a unique extreme sports facility offering a number of opportunities in extreme sports including Scooter riding,BMX, skateboard and in-line skates.
The venue also facilitates cafe food,birthday parties, school holiday clubs, Private hire, meeting space and conferencing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and suitably experienced individual to work in our kitchen at weekends, who is willing to share ideas and to assist us in keeping our Skatepark a vibrant and fun place to visit.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking but friendly team, whose commitment to the success of Junction 4 makes it a great place to work.
Skate Park Assistant Tasks
Prepares food for customers. Helps devise new methods of cooking and new menu items. Streamlines work from back of house to front of house.
Cook Job Duties:
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the menu and customer order
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate customers with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Seasons food according to recipes or customer needs
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as oven, grill, hob and microwave
- Arrange and garnishes food based on portion size and customer preference
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Checks kitchen in accordance with set up checklist at beginning of shift
- Keeps records and accounts of kitchen schedules
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service
- Stock check and replenish list given to manager for order
- Keep a sanitised and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
Qualifications: Food hygiene qualification level 2, HACCP trained desirable, knowledge and understanding of COSHH
Experience: At least six months experience working in a kitchen environment cooking and presenting food.
Skill and Abilities: Basic Computational Skills, good organisational skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to set and achieve high standards of health and safety, cleanliness and good presentation skills, ability to pay attention to detail, Ability to remain calm and in control in pressurised situations, reliable and have good time keeping.
Personal Qualities: Good verbal communication A flexible attitude to work and a willingness to perform a variety of duties to ensure an efficient service,
Knowledge and Understanding: Kitchen Equipment Knowledge,
For more information or to apply for this role please email – firstname.lastname@example.org